Wednesday, April 6, 2011

3/26/11

So, like two weeks ago, I went down to my favorite neighborhood bar, The Laboratory (A cafe of science!) to hear Rachel Goodrich play. She's a singer from Miami who plays a ukelele (although she played a guitar when I saw her. boo.) and kazoo and she's super adorbz. But alas, I have been bogged down in the world of research papers, pop quizzes, and graduation plans. So I am just now getting to writing about the night. My b. While we're on the subject of "my b", I also want to apologize for the quality of camera recording, it has a crack in the lense that has turned into eighteen cracks :(
These are two of the songs Rachel and her band played that night:



The opening acts were really good too! The first lady was named Jacqueline Suskin, and she's touring right now promoting her new book. It's called "The Collected" and it's a book of poetry based on found photographs that she has collected around Florida. Here is an excerpt from the book:


you can watch her read more excerpts here, here, here, and here. You can follow this link to her website, where you can find information on how to purchase her book!
The other performer was this fabulous man by the name of Liam Barnes. He has an adorable giggle and plays an accordian which is pretty impressive. He did cover songs, and happened to include one by one of my favorite singers/Womyn ever, Dolly Parton!! Oh yes, mmhhhmm.


So good, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment