Thursday, March 17, 2011

An American Saga

I personally watched a lot of Simpsons growing up, as did you. Yes, you. In the past decade, the style of humor that made The Simpsons a classic for me and my peers started to decline. It just wasn't the same. I don't watch a lot of the newer episodes, but I have to say, this is thee best episode I have seen in a looong time. So many marijuana references (cheech and chong guest star) and cat jokes, all woven into a classic tale  from The Bard.


Another great thing about this episode is one of my favorite characters is featured prominently in it: The Crazy Cat Lady!!!

<3 <3 My Hero <3 <3

Personally, all of my favorite Simpsons Episodes have a psychedelic animation sequence. Here are some links to others:

Weekend At Burnsies 
Homer is prescribed medical marijuana after sustaining serious eye injuries from a once friendly flock of crows



El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer
Homer eats mexican chili peppers which make him trip balls. He then goes on a spiritual journey through a metaphorical desert with a fox (whose voice is Johnny Cash) as a spirit guide. 

No comments:

Post a Comment